The DataSplice Administration Client provides a simple interface allowing the system administrator to configure the DataSplice installation anywhere on a network. Because all of the configurations are managed with the Administration Client, no specific configuration is needed for individual remote clients.
Administration Client Features
- Centralized Configuration - All configuration tasks may be performed through the Administration Client. These settings are then automatically pushed out to Remote Clients over the network, creating seamless maintenance for handheld devices.
- Network Administration - The Administration Client works connect and manage server operations from any location on your network.
- Fine-grained Permissions Control - Administration tasks can be broken down by groups to allow or restrict different users from performing certain tasks. This feature allows delegation of tasks without the concern that key portions of data may become corrupted.
User Interface Configuration
The DataSplice Administration Client provides a tool for administrators to configure screens so that users can be presented views of the database on a "need to know" basis. Administrators have the ability to configure views of any table or field in an EAM utilizing DataSplice.
Knowledge of SQL is all that is required to create and modify DataSplice views: No Java needed!
Permissionsfor views, down to the field level, can be defined for different groups and users within the organization.
The Administration Client provides the ability to:
- Create views displaying information from multiple data sources.
- Limit accessible records on a per-user or group basis.
- Define how fields are displayed and manipulated.
- Control field validation, including value lists of dynamic relational data.
- Define view relationships to control client navigation.