DataSplice Client is a mobile application that connects to DataSplice servers. The application receives client settings and configuration from connected DataSplice servers in order to give users a customized experience based on their use-case.
How information is collected.
DataSplice Client application is capable of transmitting user information and sensitive data to connected DataSplice servers. DataSplice Client is also capable of transmitting sensitive data to additional servers and services defined in the client configuration provided by the connected DataSplice server.
- DataSplice LLC does not collect any user information through the sole use of the DataSplice Client application
Information that can be collected.
DataSplice Client can be used to collect:
- Authentication details
- Camera and Microphone data
- Location data such as GPS coordinates of the device
- Files from the device that the user chooses to upload
- Data entered by the user that may be sensitive to businesses.
DataSplice Client has the ability to transmit data using secure HTTPS protocol. DataSplice server owners are responsible for enabling HTTPS using trusted certificates on the DataSplice server. Users of the DataSplice Client application are responsible for verifying HTTPS protocol is being used when connecting to DataSplice servers.